search 4 quilts

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Day New Project

I am at a stand still with the baby quilt. I am awaiting batting for this quilt and I am going to try a new batting. I want to give bambo mix a go, but when you order it on line you have to wait for the product to be shipped. So here I am and can not waste a day without quillting.
My project for the next two days shall be a Fat Quarter Tote Bag, pattern by M'Liss. I purchased a kit from Nancy's notions because I loved the colors on her web site and knew I would not find the exact colors here. Turquoise, fushia and blue prints, topped with a metalic gold. Today was spent cutting out the pieces and tomorrow will be spent sewing it together. Loved the colors and the bag is so cute. Takes 6 fat quarters, plus about one and a half yard of fabric to line the bag. Look forward to seeing the results as I will photograph it when I am done.
Used my favorite touch of Heavy Spray Starch to prep my fabrics before I cut, so much easier to cut if it is starched. Look for pictures soon. Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment